The health system offers care solutions to help you balance the demands of family with your other commitments. Through our partnership with Bright Horizons, benefits-eligible employees can find a child-care center, in-home caregiver, experienced tutor, back-up care and more.
This benefit is available only in Kansas City.
When you have a disruption in family care, you won’t have to skip a beat. Back-up care is available to support you for many needs including:
- Your child’s school is closed.
- The sitter is on vacation.
- Mom or Dad needs support in their home.
- Your child is mildly ill and can’t attend school or child care.
- Your 5-18-year-old needs additional tutoring in any subject.
Benefit-eligible employees can use up to 10 days of back-up care per year. For in-home care, there is a 4-hour minimum up and a 10-hour maximum.
- $15 per child or a maximum of $25 per family for use of center-based child care.
- $6 per hour for in-home care services for any age, from children through elders.
- $15 for up to 4 hours of virtual tutoring.
To reduce your stress, register now before the need for back-up care arises. That way, you can easily secure back-up care when you need it:
- Visit BackUp.BrightHorizons.com
- To register, click “Join Today”
- Use employer username: KansasHealthSystem and password: Benefits4You
- For maximum convenience, download the app: Search “Bright Horizons back-up care”
Call 877-242-2737 with questions and read the frequently asked questions.
When you need more permanent solutions or additional care resources, you have access to more services including:
- Free membership to a comprehensive database and additional resources to help employees find full-time childcare in a Bright Horizons® center
- Tuition discounts at high-quality partner centers
- A database of sitters, nannies, pet sitters and housekeepers
- Senior care solutions
- Discounted tutoring and test preparation
Visit Clients.BrightHorizons.com/KansasHealthSystem. When registering, use employer username: KansasHealthSystem and password: Benefits4You.
Call 877-242-2737 with questions.