It’s never too early to start planning for college. The earlier you invest, the better the chance your savings will grow over time. The health system makes it easy with the option to deposit part of your paycheck in a Learning Quest Education Savings 529 account.
- Tax-deferred growth.
- State tax deduction – Kansas residents can deduct up to $3,000 in contributions from taxable income (up to $6,000 if married and filing jointly).
- Tax-free withdrawals when used for qualified education expenses.
- Use for two-year and four-year colleges, graduate, schools, vocational/trade schools, registered apprentice programs and K-12 tuition.
- More than just tuition. Pay for books, fees, computers, supplies, and room and board.
- Repay student loans up to a $10,000 lifetime limit.
- Managed by American Century Investments.
- Choose from a variety of investment options including simple age-based tracks.
You can enroll any time – you don’t have to wait until the annual benefits enrollment period. Here’s how:
- Open an account at LearningQuest.com.
- In the “Pick a Funding Method” section, choose “With Payroll Deduction.”
- Using the provided Learning Quest account number and routing information, set up Direct Deposit using Workday. Instructions: 529 plan direct deposit tip sheet (PDF)
For questions, including help to rollover an existing 529 plan, talk to a Learning Quest specialist at 800-579-2203, 8 a.m.-5 p.m. CST weekdays. Learn more at LearningQuest.com.