Benefits to help you take care of you this spring
To care for patients, co-workers and your family, you must first take care of yourself. Revive your body, mind and spirit this spring with some of the many benefits offered by the health system.
Take care of you with free EAP resources
Do you face challenges with work-life balance or relationship well-being? Is stress, pain or a difficult experience getting in the way of your self-care? Does anxiety or depression prevent you from taking care of you? It’s OK to ask for help.
The health system’s Employee Assistance Program (EAP) is designed to support you with completely free and confidential emotional and behavioral health services. EAP is available to all employees and their household members including children, regardless of benefits eligibility.
To ensure confidentiality, EAP services are provided by an external partner, ComPsych, who specializes in meeting your unique needs as a healthcare worker. The health system will have no record of who seeks help from EAP. These mental health resources are available anytime, day or night, and anywhere, by phone or online. Whenever and wherever you need help, EAP is here for you.
Free and confidential counseling:
- Eight free professional counseling sessions per issue for you and your household members (including children), either in person or by phone call, video meeting or private text
- Support for any emotional or behavioral health issue, including common concerns like stress management, relationship or workplace conflict, family or housing needs, major illness or injury, anxiety or depression, grief or loss, trauma or PTSD, and substance abuse
- Information, referrals and resources for ongoing treatment if the need for long-term counseling arises
Free and confidential self-help resources:
- Computerized Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CCBT), an evidence-based self-help technique presented through online interactive modules
- Self-improvement tools and solutions for everyday issues to help you be your best at home and at work
- Information, referrals and resources to help you balance work-life situations, such as child or elder care, buying or selling a home, and other major stressors
EAP is here for you 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Call 855-784-2052 (toll-free) or 800-697-0353 (TTY)
- Visit GuidanceResources.com
- Download the GuidanceNow app with the QR code below
(Use Web ID “health system” to register online or in the app.)
Boost your spring PTO with savings from Perks For You
Taking time away from work is vital for your health and well-being. We encourage you to use paid time off (PTO) to rest and renew. That’s why the health system provides paid time off for eligible full-time and part-time employees. Our program, detailed on the PTO and Holidays page, is designed with flexibility to meet your need for paid time off, regardless of the reason.
Make self-care one of your reasons for PTO this spring and take advantage of Perks For You savings to turn your time into a treat!
Perks For You is available to all employees, regardless of benefits eligibility. Be sure to log in to KansasHealthSystemPerks.com before clicking the links below.
If your idea of self-care PTO is a relaxing getaway, Perks For You offers:
- Up to 20% off best available rates at participating Wyndham locations, including Dolce Hotels and Resorts or the Trademark Collection
- Up to 20% off your stay at Choice Hotel locations nationwide, including Cambria Hotels & Suites or the Ascend Hotel Collection
- Up to 15% off Iberostar Hotels and Resorts in popular European, African, and North American destinations
- Plus many more travel discounts on vacation rentals, car rentals, cruises, flights and other transportation!
If your idea of self-care PTO is an energizing experience, Perks For You offers:
- Savings on admission to theme parks across the U.S., like Disney World, Disneyland, Legoland and Universal Studios
- Discounted tickets to live concerts, comedy, theatre and other performing arts
- Deals on MLB, NBA, MLS, NASCAR and other professional sports events
- Plus many more ticket deals for sightseers and thrill-seekers!
If your idea of self-care PTO is a laidback staycation, Perks For You offers:
- Up to 30% off your stay at Great Wolf Lodge, including the Kansas City location
- Deals for the Kansas City Zoo or Wonderscope Children’s Museum
- Discounted tickets to Kansas Athletics (seasonally) or Country Stampede 2023
- Local deals to help you discover (or rediscover) the joys of your hometown
- Plus plenty of health and wellness or beauty and spa discounts to treat yourself!
Whatever your self-care requires – beach towel, foam finger, mouse ears, yoga mat, comfy blanket, etc. – we hope these Perks help you revitalize with your PTO this spring.